Categories:

Old Saybrook High School’s Fall Production of 12 Angry Jurors

Drama Department Press Release

Old Saybrook High School is excited to announce its upcoming production of 12 Angry Jurors. Performances will take place on November 15th and 16th at 7:30 PM in the school auditorium. Tickets are available to purchase online by scanning the QR code above and go on sale to the public on November 1st. The price is $8 for students and children, and $10 for adults.

12 Angry Jurors takes place after the closing arguments of a murder trial. It is then left up to the twelve jurors who were summoned for jury duty to decide the kids fate. Eleven agree that the kid is guilty, but one stands alone. Will this one juror change their mind to guilty, or will it be up to them to convince the rest of the reasonable doubt, and save the kid from the chair? This play causes the jurors to go against their own biases and assumptions on the trial and realize the impact their decisions have upon this kid’s life and their community. 

New director Nicole Willis expressed her view on why this play is still so relevant in today’s day in age. Willis stated, “Even though the original screenplay was televised in 1954, 12 Angry Jurors resonates with modern culture because of its underlying themes of understanding our own biases and accepting when we are wrong.“

The cast features a group of fifteen talented students who each share their very diverse opinions on the subject of murder. This group includes junior Samantha Walsh as Juror #8 who stands alone in her opinion in the murder trial. Walsh expressed her views on her character and said, “I think it’s very representative of the importance of confidence and speaking your beliefs despite the pressures of society.” One of the youngest students in the cast, sophomore Beni Misenti, who plays Juror #5, shared his view on the show. Misenti shared, “The show is intense, but very intriguing and allows the audience to really follow the paths of the different characters.”

Join us for an unforgettable night of chaos, disagreement and opinions mid-November as the murder trial finally comes to a close.